- The last few months...
- May 15th, 2011
It's been a while since I've posted on here, and I admit, I've gone through quite the roller-coaster ride, which I'll get to detail on:
- My first clinical almost got me marked as fail when I was assessed. I managed to prove to my professors that I deserved a pass because my instructor at the clinic and I were in conflict several times over how we took care of patients. It wasn't intense or anything like that (I've gone back to the clinic twice since it ended), it was simply differences of opinion. I know my stuff.
- This last semester was LONG, even though it was only 8 weeks. However, it finally came to an end, and I did fairly well overall. There was a ton of busy work, which really got on our nerves because it largely prevented us from studying for the board exam (which I have to take on either June 30th or September 7th, no in-between).
- Plans for Dragon*Con have been set in motion. I've paid for at least half the hotel at this time, and hope to have a new Batman and version 2 of my original character ready by then. With Dr. McNinja, of course. I never get tired of that thing...yet. XD
- During our last week, much fun was had with most of the class. It was a bit of a pain interacting with members of the class at times because it's so clique-y and I'm not part of any of these groups, but I managed to have tons of fun. I've tried to be friends with most of the class and have no regard for their little groups, so there you go. There was a lot of drinking and I took great joy in seeing my classmates get shit-faced with me. I learned a few lessons from October, so I drank water from time to time on my drinking nights. It worked. No hangovers.
- Yesterday, our class were finally handed our diplomas and we are now Doctors of Physical Therapy. After, I joined some of the class for more festivities (and drinking). I tried Jell-O shots for the first time in my life. They're really tasty, but the wave of alcohol can hit you pretty hard. A few folks partied a little too hard and there was a little inappropriate behavior, but only a little and not much to be concerned about. That's the gist of it.
So far, I've been feeling really good. All the long years of school are finally over and I feel very proud of where I've gone. Unfortunately, most of my classmates will likely not be in the area after this, i.e. everyone's starting to go their seperate ways. As much as I hated the nature of our class, I truly came to like everyone in the class. They're all nice people, and I'm going to miss them dearly. Despite that, I'm looking forward to the future.
For now, though, it's time to study for the boards and get ready for Dragon*Con. :)